Get a brand new iPad mini with Retina display? Currently, your iPad is of course not available to deliver all the services like games, videos, chatting, etc.You have to set up the new iPad. The guide below tell you how to set up new iPad mini 2.
- Slide your finger across the bottom of the screen where it says slide to set up.
- Choose a language and your country.
- If you have WiFi, tap on your WiFi network on the next menu. Alternately, you can use a cellular connection, if you have an iPad that supports cellular data and it’s already been activated by your carrier.
- Type in your WiFi password if you have one and choose whether to enable Location Services. Apps like Maps will need location services to be enabled so keep that in mind.
- On the next screen, choose Set up as new iPad and you can either sign in with an existing Apple ID or you can create a new one if you don’t have one. You can also decide whether to use iCloud to backup and sync your contacts, calendars, and other data. Most people choose yes for this step.
- Choose whether to enable Find My iPad.
Note: You’d better turn this Find My iPad on so that even your iPad is lost or stolen; you may track it from any other iOS devices by signing into the Find My iPhone app or by going online to icloud.com. It also helps prevent thieves from being able to wipe out your data without knowing your iCloud password.
- Next choose the phone numbers and emails you’d like people to be able to use to contact you. Or you can just ignore this.
- Finally choose if you’d like to enable Siri, Apple’s voice service. Also let Apple know if you’d like them to be able to collect diagnostics from your iPad to better improve iOS and their products.
For users who have an iPhone and have backed up iPhone with iTunes, you can use iTunes Data Recovery to transfer the contacts and other data you need to use. The biggest advantage is that even your iPhone no longer here, you can still get all the contacts, text messages, notes, etc. that is on your iPhone.