Google has just released a big update for Google Maps to its Android and iOS users, a major update with a lot of useful and interesting improvements. Uber integration and offline mapping are the 2 biggest features. Read on to learn details of Google Map improvements.
Note: Got ads in Google Map app and other apps? If you are an iOS user, you can use iOS Ads Remover, a freeware to block ads on iPhone, iPad and iPod for free.
Uber Integration: The newly released update allows users to access Uber from Google Maps. If you’re a regular Uber user, this must be the most significant feature of the update. Since the update, when you check public transit and walking directions, Uber will appear as an additional option with an estimated time as long as you have the Uber app installed on your device.
Offline Mapping: If you’re lost in a place with no reliable signal, can Google Map still be available? From now on, you can now select “Save map to use offline,” give it a name and save it in your phone. As long as you’re signed in, you can tap your profile icon and see a list of any offline maps that you’ve saved.
Here’s what’s new of the Google Map Update:
- Turn-by-turn navigation now displays distance, arrival time, and quick access to alternate routes
- Save and manage offline maps in a custom list for when you’re traveling or have a slow connection
- Transit results now display total walking time of your trip and the next scheduled bus or train
- Sign in to see your “Places to review” list from recently saved or searched-for places
- If you have the Uber app installed, open it right from Go
- ogle Maps when comparing route options
- Bug fixes
- Lane guidance in navigation mode (US and parts of Canada/Japan)
- Adjust and name offline maps before saving
- Search filters (price rating, open, from circles)
You can head to Google Play or App Store to download the latest Google Map.